Friday, May 20, 2011

Are you all prepared...

for the earthquake tomorrow? Everyone's talking about the beginning of the end, predicted to happen tomorrow, May 21st, 2011. I am still trying to figure out why the dude is taking donations. I mean, he can't take it with him when he goes, right?

Anyhoo, I'm feeling much better today. Well, at least physically. I'm getting a little annoyed at trying to find a notary that's registered in the United States. Apparently there isn't a single one in all of the province of Saskatchewan. Why do I need an American notary? Well, it has to do with needing an ITIN (international tax identification number) with the IRS. They do have acceptance agents, but again, none in Saskatchewan. Ay yi yi.

Methinks I will have to make a trip to Alberta in the very near future. My options are either the American Consulate in Calgary or an acceptance agent in Edmonton.

But I ask the question on everyone's mind: why in the heck would a Canadian writer pay taxes to the IRS in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment