Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Favourite Authors

Have you ever read a book and thought "Oh my goodness! I wish I could write like this?"

I have. Many times.

V.C. Andrews is one of my favourite authors. When I was in my teens, I saw the movie "Flowers in the Attic" and the moment I heard that it was based on a novel, I had to get my hands on that book. Thankfully, my local small-town library had a copy of it and I read the entire thing in a matter of hours (yes, I know, I know - I had no life.) I was intrigued, engrossed, and even a little shocked that Andrews had alluded to a relationship between Chris and Cathy. Anyway, this book set afire in me a love for V.C. Andrews' "Flowers in the Attic" series. I have read all five books, including the prequel, "Garden of Shadows" (which was really written by Andrew Neiderman). In fact, I've read them many times, usually at least twice a year, over the past fifteen years.

Jackie Collins is another author who is right at the top of my favourites list. I am in love with Lucky Santangelo! I can't get enough of that woman! She's got fire, spunk, passion, and a don't-fuck-with-me attitude that I love! The first book of Jackie's that I read was "Vendetta". Of course I couldn't stop at that. No, that would be wrong on so many levels. I had to get all the books in the series, reading them over and over again. My husband once asked me "You've read that, like, a thousand times already. Don't you know what happens by now?" Silly man. Doesn't he realize that every time you read a book, you see something new that you never saw before?

Men! **insert eye roll -here-**

Maybe I'm obsessive? I should ponder that.

No comments:

Post a Comment